What to Consider When Thinking of a Breast Reduction
Do you feel self-conscious about your breast size? You are not alone, Breast Reduction is a growing trend as women take control of their bodies and embrace a reduced chest size. Boost your confidence this summer with a Breast Reduction.
Also known as a reduction mammoplasty, a Breast Reduction removes excess fat, skin, and tissues, leaving you with breasts better proportioned to your body. It is important that you know what you want from the procedure—go into your consultation with Dr. Cuzalina with clear expectations about your desired outcome.
Why a reduction?
- Are you aesthetically displeased with your large breasts?
- Do you feel like your large breasts make you appear heavier?
- Do you have a difficult time finding both clothing and bras that fit properly?
- Are you self-conscious of your larger chest?
- Do you find that your posture is compromised by the added weight of large breasts?
- Do you experience physical in your back, shoulders, and neck?
- Are your breasts limiting? Are there activities you would like to participate in but feel your breasts inhibit you from joining in?
- Did you know: A woman’s chances of detecting breast cancer are reduced as large breasts can mask lumps and masses?
What to Consider?
Think about the after photo—what do you want to gain (or, lose) from your Breast Reduction? Going into the procedure with a clear idea of what you want is crucial to the success of your results. Make sure to account for these factors:
- Body Size: Height & weight—but also take into account your frame
- Chest Size: Measured around the fullest part of the chest
- Breast Size: This would be comparable to your desired cup size
- Areola Size: The areola can also be reduced if the areola had been stretched
- Nipple Location
- Breast Symmetry
Many women find it helpful to look at photos of previous reductions. Make sure to look for the following:
- Degree of Reduction: Are you wanting more or less?
- A Naturally Shaped Breast
- Scarring: You will want minimal visibility and size
- Location of the Nipple on the Breast Mound: What appears natural to you?
Is a breast reduction something you think you may benefit from? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Cuzalina at Tulsa Surgical Arts today.