Five Things to Know About Breast Implants
Whether we’re talking about Angelina Jolie’s inspirational story, the latest celebrity with breast implants, or just considering them for ourselves, the breast augmentation is the most popular surgery procedure in the United States and we cannot stop talking about it. However, there are still several things about surgery that many people are still unclear about. Here are five facts that every woman should know about breast augmentation:
- Saline and silicone implants are not the same thing. The new silicone implants have a much more natural look and feel while the saline implants are rounder. Silicone implants have been gaining significant popularity over the cheaper saline implants.
- Breast implants do not increase the risk of you getting breast cancer! One of the biggest myths circling breast cancer is that getting implants will make you more vulnerable to breast cancer. While this is untrue, it is a good idea to inform your doctor of any history of breast cancer in your family in order to avoid any complications.
- Implants will not interfere with mammograms. While a couple more X-rays may be necessary to see the tissue behind the implant, they do not directly interfere with mammograms.
- Stretch marks are not common with implants. Unless you are planning on getting the larger-sized implants, stretch marks should not be an issue.
- Implants will not cause sagging. Because breast implants are more resistant to sagging than your natural breast tissue is, you will not have to worry about any abnormal or extra sagging from the implants.
Now that you know the facts, you can make a better informed decision about whether or not breast implants are right with you. If you would like to know more about the procedure, talk with your local surgeon.