If you have undergone bariatric surgery (gastric bypass or gastric band) or achieved significant weight loss through dieting and exercise, you may be experiencing problems with excess, loose skin. Weight fluctuations can cause abnormal stretching of the skin and tissue, which may produce undesirable bulging in certain areas of the body. You may feel better after weight loss, but you still may not look your best.
Fortunately, at Tulsa Surgical Arts, there are several surgical procedures that can be performed to improve or alleviate body issues that occur as a result of massive weight loss.
On the Upper Body:
- Arm Reduction can eradicate excess, hanging skin of the upper arms to significantly reduce their size.
- Breast reduction surgery can alleviate the discomfort associated with large breasts. It may improve your mobility, ease the pain and irritation, and make you less self-conscious regarding your large bust.
- Breast lift can correct sagging or dissatisfaction with breast shape by removing the sagging tissue and repositioning the nipple.
On the Lower Body:
- Tummy Tuck surgery can remove excess skin and tissue from the abdomen and tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Thigh Lift surgery, in its various forms, can remove loose skin and residual tissue of the upper and inner thigh.
- Body lift or butt lift works to improve the contour of the buttocks by addressing loose, sagging skin of the lower body.
After massive weight loss, the right surgical procedures can help restore your self-confidence to give you a new lease on life and a new lease on relationships.
When body contouring is complete, you will feel better and generally be more comfortable with your body. To learn more about body contouring after significant weight loss, contact the cosmetic surgeons of Tulsa Surgical Arts to schedule a consultation. Use our online contact form to send an email or call us at 918-925-9304.